Become a Volunteer!
- Volunteers must be 18 or older. If you are under 18 and would like to volunteer, you may still do so as long your parent or guardian comes with you. We encourage families to volunteer together!
- If you are a former PHFS client, you are welcome to volunteer! Please wait until six months have passed since you have received services. Current PHFS clients are not eligible volunteer yet.
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM!
Help us live out our values of compassion and human connectedness by volunteering your time. You'll be supporting families experiencing homelessness transform their lives for the better. There are a variety of ways you can plug in on a daily basis!
We just purchased a new headquarters and need lots of help setting it up! We will have families moving in on August 26th.
Questions? Please contact the volunteer program staff:
Help set up our new Lents Shelter!
Our eight Goose Hollow families will be moving to our Lents apartments soon and we need your help!
At the apartments we need volunteers to spackle and sand ceilings, pull out carpet and install new laminate, install fixtures and appliances, paint, deep clean, assemble furniture, and spruce up the landscaping.
At Goose Hollow we need volunteers to pack up shelter supplies and help families move.
Corporate teams, groups, and individuals are welcome to help! You do not need to be a currently registered volunteer. Youth volunteers must be 14+ and accompanied by parent.
Upcoming Volunteer Days:
- August 25, 10am-1pm* - Goose Hollow - Fulfilled
- August 26, 10am-1pm* - Goose Hollow
- August 27, 10am-1pm* - Goose Hollow
- September dates to be determined
- October 6, time TBD - Lents
- August 13, 9:30am-12:30pm & 2-5pm - Lents
- August 16, 2-5pm - Lents
- August 21, 11am-2pm & 2:30-5:30pm - Lents
- August 22, 10am-1pm - Lents
- August 23, 9:30-12:30pm - Lents
- August 24, 9:30am-12:30pm - Lents
Shifts subject to change based on building logistics. Thanks for being flexible!
Volunteer Leaders Wanted!
PHFS is seeking volunteer leaders who have specialized skill sets and experience in the below areas. Volunteer leaders will work closely with our COO and will help lead volunteer groups at Lents. Preferred volunteers have relevant professional or personal experience and are available for multiple work days. Contact Bethany if interested!
- Painters - 1 to 6 volunteers
- Electrician - 1 to 2 volunteers
- Plummer - 1 to 2 volunteers
- Floor installation - 1 to 2 volunteers
- Carpenter - 1 volunteer
Volunteer at our new Lents Shelter!
PHFS has been busy developing our new volunteer program for our Lents shelter! We will have many daily opportunities throughout the day. Volunteers will be needed to play with kids, prepare meals, teach classes, work in the community garden, among many other roles.
- If you are a current volunteer from Goose Hollow, Thirteen Salmon, or the Family Winter Shelter, you have attended an orientation, and have an established volunteer account, the volunteer program staff will contact you for upcoming training options to give you eligibility to volunteer at the new Lents shelter! Training dates are to be determined.
- If you have volunteered at Goose Hollow as a part of a volunteer group, but do not have your own personal volunteer account, PHFS requires that you attend an orientation and complete an application. Orientation dates are to be determined.
- If you are a new volunteer, welcome! Attending an orientation is the first step in getting started. Our next orientation is on Monday, September 3, 6-7pm. Space is limited. Please RSVP below.
Due to PHFS' upcoming move to the Lents neighborhood, we are not currently accepting new volunteers for our Goose Hollow and Thirteen Salmon locations. Please join us at our new Lents shelter!