PHFS was named one of Oregon’s Top 100 Nonprofits to Work for in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
PHFS values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position, including people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, people with lived experience, members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Job Title: Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Specifics: Full time, Salaried
Compensation: $40,000-$45,000 annually
Benefits: 3-weeks PTO, full medical & dental insurance
Close date: Open until filled
PHFS is a rapidly expanding social service agency, and we are looking for a collaborative partner to manage our brand-new campus in Lents that will shelter 26 families at a time in individual rooms, be the home of our housing & prevention programs, and provide offices for all of our staff.
Specific Job Duties:
The Facilities & Maintenance Manager will maintain all common areas of this multi-family and commercial property. The Facilities & Maintenance Manager has daily contact with participants living at the facility, staff, or other personnel and therefore is a key player. A great maintenance manager will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts. They will be well versed in all maintenance processes and health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.
The goal is to ensure PHFS facilities are well cared for and adequate to support our business operations. The main functions of the position include:
- Working with the Chief Operating Officer in managing all maintenance-related and capital improvement activities within the assigned properties.
- Perform daily maintenance of all areas including space that is occupied by families experiencing homelessness, families accessing our day/community space, and staff operating our programs
- Repair and maintain: paint, carpet, appliances, plumbing, HVAC, drywall, etc.
- Give direction to others including custodial, landscaping and outside contractors
Experience, Competencies, and Personal Characteristics Desired:
- Proven experience as maintenance manager or other managerial role
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities HVAC system and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in business administration or facility management will be an advantage
- Valid Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM) is a plus
- Understand the effects of oppression and discrimination against communities of color, people with disabilities, the LGTBQ community, and seniors; understand how systemic inequities can lead to families from marginalized groups experiencing homelessness at a disproportionately higher rate than dominant groups.
- Be able to build relationships and interact respectfully with individuals and groups of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. Builds strong, collaborative teams to create maximum impact.
- A background check is required.
Send a resume and cover letter that clearly states how your background and skills/abilities make you well suited for the position. Email your application materials to Ron@pdxhfs.org. Please send application materials in .pdf format only.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive and the position will be filled as soon as possible.