PHFS Seeks a new chief operating ofFicer to join our team!
PHFS is rapidly expanding, and we are looking for a collaborative partner to join our executive leadership team to help bring PHFS to new, exciting levels of service to our community. The Chief Operations Officer will act as a strategic thought-partner and participative manager, in partnership with the Executive Director and Program Director. We are looking for someone to think with, to collaborate with, and to be creative with.
The mission of Portland Homeless Family Solutions is to empower homeless families with children to get back into housing and to stay there long-term. Our programs include shelter for homeless families with children, housing placement and retention services, homeless prevention services, and life skills training to help families learn skills they can use to keep their housing and get jobs.
PHFS has been recognized as one of Oregon’s’ Top 100 Nonprofits to Work for every year since 2012. We work with a very diverse group of families and staff – 60% of our program participants identify as people of color and a third of our staff identify as people of color and other minority groups. PHFS values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. Every dimension of diversity is a value-add at our organization.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $60,000-$65,000 annually with generous benefits package
Close date: Open until filled
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Leadership and Strategic Thinking
- Financial Management & Administration
- Program Evaluation and Data Management
- Office Administration
- Project Management
Experience & Competencies Desired:
- Someone with an understanding of how housing and homelessness is tied to oppression and discrimination against communities of color, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ community, seniors, immigrants, and other marginalized groups.
- An ability to build relationships and interact respectfully with individuals and groups of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles.
- Advanced financial accounting experience, with intermediate to advanced Excel ability
- Strong project management for both individual and team projects
- Collaborative, participatory leader who can jump between strategy and administrative tasks effortlessly
- Absolute personal integrity and credibility