PHFS was named one of Oregon’s Top 100 Nonprofits to Work for in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. PHFS values diversity in its workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a value-add.
Job Title: Operations Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Specifics: Full time, Salaried
Compensation: $45,000-$55,000 annually with 4-weeks PTO, full medical & dental insurance
Close date: Open until filled
PHFS is a rapidly expanding social service agency, and we are looking for a collaborative partner to help us build our executive leadership team that will bring PHFS to new, exciting levels of service to our community. The Operations Director will act as a strategic thought-partner and participative manager, in partnership with the Executive Director and Program Director. We are looking for someone to think with, to collaborate with, and to be creative with. We are excited to expand our Leadership Team and can’t wait to see where we go from here!
Specific Job Duties:
- Financial Management & Administration
- Be the leader who is excited about achieving our financial goals while always pragmatically delivering the numbers using strong analytical skills with a tactful approach.
- Monitor internal financial controls, coordinate and lead the annual audit and annual 990 tax return process
- Participate in the Board Finance Committee
- Program Evaluation and Data Management
- Using a recently created PHFS Evaluation Design, be a leader in ensuring PHFS has accurate and reliable data to report to our partners, donors, and funders.
- Take the lead on implementing a new client database, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), and manage staff in learning the database. Provide data quality assurance for all staff so PHFS has accurate and reliable data to report to our constituents.
- Manage and maintain client database to ensure alignment with data fidelity standards, and to ensure that the database operates properly and efficiently and results in accurate data reporting
- In partnership with the Executive Leadership Team, evaluate programs for their effectiveness and strong ROI; recommend ways to implement improvements.
- Office Administration & Management:
- Lead by example while overseeing and performing day-to-day administrative activities, and proactively address issues or concerns related to general operations.
- Periodically review operations to ensure policies and procedures are being used and are working.
- Cover basic administrative functions including answering the phones, shopping for office supplies, organizing the office and all supplies, maintaining adequate levels of outreach materials and stationary supplies.
- Project Management
- Work closely in partnership with Executive Leadership Team to manage special projects, including driving PHFS’ Equity & Inclusion Work over the next year and overseeing the implementation of a new client database (Efforts to Outcomes). Be prepared to manage other special and capacity building projects as they arise.
- Leadership, Human Resources & Human Capital Management:
- Lead and inspire the team to continue to achieve more than they thought they were capable of.
- Oversee PHFS human resources, ensuring a focus on professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruitment.
- Ensure compliance with latest laws and regulations related to: employment, EEO, benefits, wage and hour provisions, safety and workers’ compensation, and personnel/payroll records.
- Information/Technology Managemen
- Utilize best practices and emerging technology to sophisticate PHFS’ internal I/T structure and practices.
- Recommends and implements information technology strategies, policies, and procedure.
- Participate in team building, staff meetings, and organizational function
Experience, Leadership Competencies and Personal Characteristics Desired:
- 5+ years of progressive business experience, with a focus on operations and administration.
- Bachelor’s degree (i.e. business, finance or comparable) required; MBA valued.
- Strong financial accounting skills and abilities. Preferred candidate will know how to read and interpret financial statements and follow as well as develop strong financial policies and internal controls.
- Acute attention to detail and comfort with finance and numbers.
- Strong project management skills necessary both for individual and team projects.
- A Team player that leads by example, is easy to relate to, and is willing to get “dirty”—drives team enthusiasm.
- Ability to relate and communicate on a meaningful level with a broad spectrum of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences compared to your own.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate / prevent or defuse problems before they escalate.
- Builds strong, collaborative teams—selects great people, coaches and develops the best.
- Sets and achieves tough stretch goals; meets commitments regardless of obstacles.
- Absolute personal integrity and credibility.
- A passion for excellence in all people, processes and services.
- Risk-taker who constructively and creatively challenges conventional solutions to achieve goals.
- Thinks strategically, executes impeccably; strong, clear, simple communication style.
Send a resume and cover letter that clearly states how your background and skills/abilities make you well suited for the position. Email your application materials to: email@example.com. Please send application materials in .pdf format only.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive and the position will be filled as soon as possible.